New Delhi: Apple on Tuesday launched Apple Watch Series 7, featuring a reengineered Always-On Retina display with significantly more screen area and thinner borders, making it the largest and most advanced display ever.
As claimed by the tech giant, Apple Watch Series 7 is a durable Apple Watch with a stronger, more crack-resistant front crystal. It is the first Apple Watch to have an IP6X certification for resistance to dust, and maintains a WR50 water resistance rating.
The stunning display of Apple Watch Series 7 offers nearly 20 percent more screen area and thinner borders at just 1.7 mm — 40 percent smaller than those on Apple Watch Series 6.
The user interface is optimized to take advantage of the shape and size of the new display. Apple Watch Series 7 offers two additional larger font sizes, and a new QWERTY keyboard that can be tapped or swiped with QuickPath — allowing users to slide a finger to type — and utilizes on-device machine learning to anticipate the next word based on the context , making text entry easier and faster.
The Apple Watch Series 7 collection unveils five brand new aluminum case colors, including midnight, starlight, green, and a new blue and (PRODUCT)RED, along with an exciting palette of Apple Watch bands compatible with all models of Apple Watch.
Features & Display
- New watch faces with five new colors
- First Apple Watch with IP6X certification
- Charges 33 percent faster than Series 6 with fast charge USB Type-C cable
- The display is 70 percent brighter when your wrist is down
- User interface optimized for the larger display, offering greater readability and ease of use
- 18-hour battery life complemented by 33 percent faster charging
- Offer indispensable tools for health and wellness, including an electrical heart sensor and ECG app and Blood Oxygen sensor and app
Pricing and Availability
Apple Watch Series 7 will start at $399 (US), Apple Watch SE starts at $279 (US), and Apple Watch Series 3 starts at $199 (US). All Apple Watch Series 7 models will be available later this fall.